Vision and Values
At Forest Hill College our vision is to inspire passionate, positive and curious learners.
Our College Values are:
One of the key functions of a school council is to contribute to the broad vision and direction of a school through strategic planning. Strategic planning is the process of:
- Reflecting on the school’s past performance
- Establishing future directions and
- Deciding on what will constitute success
Throughout 2014/15 the College undertook a review of the previous Strategic Plan. This means that as a school community we reflected on important questions such as:
- What student outcomes did we aim to achieve?
- What student outcomes did we achieve?
- Why did we/did we not achieve improvements in student outcomes?
- How effectively did we manage our resources to support the achievement of improved student outcomes?
- What can we do in the future to continue to improve?
At the conclusion of the review the College established a new Strategic Plan for the period 2016 to 2019. This plan:
- Provides a statement to our community about what we stand for and intend to do, over the next four years, to improve student outcomes.
- Re-defines what the school values most and
- Sets out the school’s goals and targets, key strategies for improvement and its resourcing priorities
You can download a copy of our 2016-2019 Strategic Plan below.
Annual Implementation Plan
In collaboration with the principal, school councils is responsible for developing an annual implementation. The implementation plan outlines one-year goals that are steps towards achieving the broader targets set in the strategic plan. It provides a reference point for monitoring the school’s progress.
The report is developed by the school principal and it provides the school community with information regarding the achievements of the previous year.